Friday 18 July 2014

Zekr: Qur'an Software

Back in time, I learned reading Qur'an the classic way, that is using the book. But nowadays, I spend most of my work on computer. Although I still prefer, classic, but I discovered a software version which I think is useful, the software is called Othman Quran Browser. It is a nice simple Qur'an browser, with high quality font, which can be resized. I'm not sure, but I think this program is only available for Linux user as I haven't find any Windows installer of it. Below is the picture of the said program running on my Ubuntu,

Othman Quran Browser

To install this in Ubuntu, simply open the Ubuntu Software Center, and search for Othman Quran Browser. Look for it in the search result, then click install. As I mentioned above, Othman Quran Browser is simple, with little feature. So I dig for other related software with more capabilities in the Ubuntu Software Center, and that is where I found Zekr. So far this is the best for me, it has the following features:
  1. Translation (English by Abdullah Yusuf Ali, but other language can be downloaded, and set) and Transliteration (Default);
  2. Details - It has details about the Sura and Aya, including the i. Aya Count, ii. Juz, and iii. Revelation Order;
  3. Advanced Search Engine both for Arabic Script and Translation; and,
  4. Audio, with different recitations, default one is recited by Mohammed Siddiq Al-Minshawi.
Zekr Software

Above is the screenshot of Zekr running on Ubuntu. For Ubuntu users, you can install this the same way as that of Othman Quran Browser from the Ubuntu Software Center. Fortunately, Windows user can also enjoy this, simply go to this site. Then click Download Qur'an Zekr Free, and install -- double-clicking on the .exe file and following the installation wizard. After successfully installing it, make sure you have Java VM on your machine, as Zekr depends on this. In case you don't have it, go to this site, and click Free Java Download. There you go, enjoy Zekr after installing Java.

No comments:

Post a Comment